Treetops Hospice Care
This year Acorn Windows are proud to sponsor the charity Treetops Hospice Care. We are sponsoring the top prize of £2,000.
James Hibbert, explains why Acorn Windows has chosen to support the Super Draw 2017:
“As a local family business we are keen to give something back to the community that has contributed to our success over the past 26 years".
“Treetops is within a few miles of our showroom and provides so much help for people that we were honoured to be able to help support such a worthy charity.”
Treetops supports people with illnesses such as cancer, motor neurone disease and multiple sclerosis. It also supports their carers and families. All services are provided free of charge. The hospice has to raise more than £3 million every year to run. That’s about £7,500 per day. 70% of this comes from charitable donations and fundraising events.
In the last 12 months, Treetops Hospice Care cared for 1,724 people, including:
- 35,190 hours of care was provided by Hospice at Home nurses
- 4,107 individual attendances in the Day Care Unit in Risley
- 2,876 adult bereavement sessions
- 887 bereavement sessions for children and families
- 289 counselling and emotional support sessions for people dealing with life-limiting illness
- 223 one-to-one consultations with the Support and Information Service
- Tags: charity